By Nick Faber ’18
5. ‘Fragile‘ by Tech N9ne, featuring ¡MAYDAY!, Kendall Morgan, & Kendrick Lamar – Two heavy lyrical hitters combine their talents to create a cohesive and powerful banger. Lamar lends his rapid fire style to Tech N9ne.
4. ‘1Train‘ by A$AP Rocky, featuring Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Big K.R.I.T., & Kendrick Lamar – Possibly one of the best songs with multiple lyrical artists, Kendrick provides a gritty contrast to the smooth flows of the rest of the artists featured on this song.
3. ‘Goosebumps‘ by Travis Scott, featuring Kendrick Lamar – Seemingly coming from nowhere as he isn’t listed as a feature on the song, Kendrick gracefully morphs Travis Scott’s beat into his own as each syllable perfectly flows with the next.
2. ‘Forbidden Fruit‘ by J Cole, featuring Kendrick Lamar – Two of the most important artists of this generation colab to make one of J Cole’s best songs on his second album Born Sinner.
1. ‘No More Parties in LA‘ by Kanye West, featuring Kendrick Lamar – Kendrick Lamar collaborated with legend Kanye West on his most recent album The Life of Pablo. Acting as a bridge between 2 generations, Kendrick gave it his all almost as if to impress his counterpart and peer. This clearly shows in his lyrical criss-crossing on West’s song.