By: Kylie Pendleton ’21
Coachella Valley Music and Arts festival is a world known music festival, held in Indio, CA. Planning on going to the 2019 Coachella Music Festival? Heres a few things to keep in mind:
- Bring something to cover your mouth and eyes, you never know how dusty or windy it can be, especially in the desert. Bringing a scarf or sunglasses could decrease the chance of you getting dust or dirt in your eyes and mouth.
- Sunscreen! It will be hot and it will be sunny. Nobody ever wants overly matured skin from one trip to California for three days. Apply and apply and then apply again! But only bring lotion sunscreen, Coachella will take spray sunscreen away, and chances are you will probably not get it back. So, plan on bringing a few bottles of lotion sunscreen.
- Drink water, and more water. Nobody wants to pass out from dehydration at a music festival. Make sure to be drinking water throughout the day to stay hydrated and healthy and have more fun!
- Use a Car Parking app. By the time you get back to your car, it will be late at night where everything looks the same. Keep this app and make sure it tracked where you parked your car so you aren’t wandering around until the next day trying to find your car. This app will help you find your car easier so you can get out and get to sleep quicker.
- Lastly, Take time to yourself. If you want to go see one performance but your group wants to see another, make a plan to meet up at a specific place at a later time. Go see the performer you want to see because you will have a better time doing what you want instead of following around a group.