By: Kendall Williams ’21 & Isabel Otteson ’20
The annual Blood Drive is a perfect way to serve and save others on Monday, March 12th. To make an appointment sign up here with the site code A759.
The requirements to participate are:
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have a signed parental consent form, which is required for all RJHS students
- Not have traveled to a malaria-risk country in the past year
- Bring your photo ID
- Eat a huge high-protein and carb-loaded meal
- Drink LOTS of water before donating
Be aware that there are affects of donating blood. You may feel lightheaded, dizzy, or may faint, but these symptoms usually fade quickly and are worth it if you could save someone’s life.