RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Girls Swim and Dive: Taking a Look into the Start of the Season

Regis Jesuit’s Swim and Dive athletes worked hard and did their very best during their meet against Chaparral, from setting personal records, diving beautifully, and pushing themselves to the limit to achieve a landslide win of 131-52.

In the midst of snowy weather, the air cool and icy, swimmers and divers arrive in the Bubble on Thursday, November 30th for their first ever meet to start off the season. Each and every person knowing that their swim season has just now officially begun.

In the relays, the girls showed what they could do with a 1:51:36 and 1st place position is the 200-yard medley, a 1:43:52 1st place position is the 200-yard free, and a 3:48:24 1st place position in the 400-yard free. In each relay, the swimmers truly displayed their athletic abilities to swim fast and work as a team.

Emery Busacker, a junior swimmer, shaved off 7.64 seconds and placed 2nd in the 200-yard free with a time of 2:18:05. She says, “The chaparral meet was important for us to land a first win of the season and start off 1-0 and show the team what the atmosphere is going to be like.”

Swimmers Amelia Marsicek, Emme Penry, and Avi Frolick scored the most amounts of points for the team, each gaining 12 points, and highly contributed to the team’s landslide.

The diving portion of the meet was equally as stirring as the swimming. Sarah Mann, a senior and captain of the dive team, got a high score of 271.75 in the meet, secured a spot in state, and set a 6-dive pool record.

The girls will continue to work hard and try to win meets throughout the season and look forward to hopefully winning State. “Obviously we want to win State,” says Emery Busacker, “this year and I feel like it is a goal that we can achieve and having that in the back of our minds in the long run will create some positivity within the team.”