RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Regis Jesuit Sophomore Basketball team takes down Legend.

Raiders cook in the 4th to push past the Titans, 64-47.
The Raiders pull out a big win over the Legend Titans.

The Regis Jesuit Sophomore Basketball team took on a tough Legend Titans team on Thursday December 7th at 7:30 pm in the Girls Division gymnasium.

The Raiders had gotten off to a hot start to the season, winning their first 2 games by large margins. They beat Overland high school 66-26, and Mullen high school 62-16.

The Sophomore team continued their boiling hot start on Thursday against Legend. It was a hard-fought game, but the Raiders pulled ahead in the 4th quarter. After trailing most of the game, they were able to really turn on the boosters in the 4th, rushing out to a 20-point lead with 2 minutes left.

Leading the scoring for the Raiders was Johnny Haubert, who went 8/9 from the free throw stripe and was hitting the boards hard all night. Connor Middlekauff and Freshman starter Andrew Eschmann were also big contributors on the scoreboard.

After the game, we were able to talk with Sophomores Patrick Maguire and Connor Middlekauff, about what fueled the win and how they will look to attack the rest of their season.

Patrick told us that a big part of this win and the great start to the season is the energy this team brings both on the court and on the bench. This energy keeps the mental strain and fatigue of a long game away and allows the Raiders to play their best when it matters most.

Connor Middlekauff added that the key to their 22-7 4th quarter run was the evaporation of the fear which had plagued them through the first 3 quarters. He stated that once they started playing without fear, they really showed who the Raiders are, and what it means to play for each other as a team and not as individuals.

The Raiders continued their spectacular start to the season with another big win over Castle-View Highschool in Castle Rock on Saturday the 9th.  The next game for this talented Sophomore team will be after a nearly 2-week rest, against the Cougars of Cherokee Trail. This game will be at 4 P.M at Cherokee Trail on Thursday, December 21st.

NFHS Game Broadcast: Regis Jesuit vs Legend – Boys Sophomore Basketball 12/07/2023 | Live & On Demand (nfhsnetwork.com)