RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

RJ Freshmen Girls Basketball Team vs Kent Denver

The RJ Freshmen Girls get a big win over Kent Denver

On December 5th, 2023, at 4pm our freshman Regis girls’ basketball team took on Kent Denver in the Girls division gym. This was a riveting matchup to say the least. The two teams played this game out and had stellar plays from both sides but ultimately our very own freshman team came out on top. The intensity of the game brought many fans to the stands as the Regis team stayed dominant for three of the four quarters.

During the first quarter Kent Denver took the lead putting the first points up on the board and ending the quarter 6 points up. However, in the second quarter, the Regis girls turned the game around putting up a whopping 16 points. At the start of the third quarter Kent Denver came out hard and put the pressure on but the girls made sure to keep the game tied and keep the intensity up. The final score for the third quarter was 25-18 Regis. Last but not least the fourth quarter was coming up and both teams really did a spectacular job. In the beginning of the fourth quarter Kent Denver turned up the heat and put-up points on the board leveling the game. Then, in the final minutes of the game, our girls’ basketball team really left it all out on the court putting up nine points and taking the game by storm.

In the end the final score was 34 to 28 Regis. The credit for this win is solely given to the team’s hard work and dedication during practice. These girls dedicate so much time between morning practice, weights, evening practice, and practicing on their own time. Their hard work pays off and doesn’t go unnoticed. A huge congratulations to our Regis freshman girls basketball team for finding it in them to persevere through challenges and work together as a team.