RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Girls Wrestling: Not a Team, A Family

The Varsity Girls Wrestling has made a mark in the wrestling community this season. Despite the team’s small size, they have dominated wrestling teams across Colorado. The girls have a powerful bond with one another and have created not just a team, they have created a family.

On December 2, 2023, I watched the girl’s wrestling tournament at Arapahoe High School. One thing that was clear about the girls was that they had each other’s back and they understood one another in ways the other teams at the tournament could not. The Regis Girls Team was hard not to catch your eye at this tournament.

There was not a single match that one of the girls had that the rest of the team would be cheering them on. Even during the long hard hours at Arapahoe High School, the girls kept the same upbeat and proud energy throughout the day.

I spoke with Bri Sherwood ’27, Solana Martinez ’27, Hannah Pramita ’26, and Alexis Segura ’24 about how wrestling at Regis has impacted their lives. “I do not see the team as a team, I see the girls as my sisters. I feel I can talk with them about anything, and they will always be there for me” – Bri Sherwood ’27.

The bond they have is not limited to practices or tournaments. Throughout the school day the girls bond and build their team relationship even stronger. After interviewing the girls, all of them said how proud they were to be a part of the team and how much it has affected them.

“I wouldn’t change our team for the world and it’s going to be hard when our seniors leave.” – Solana Martinez ‘27. Their bond is what makes them stand out apart from any other high school team in the country, they have the Regis Jesuit sisterhood.

View Comments (2)