RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Regis Jesuit Hockey fall Victim to Penalties Versus Cherry Creek

Despite a valiant effort, the Raiders tied the Cherry Creek Bruins 2-2 after brutal double tripping call
Sophie Miles 24′
Nolan Williams 25′ looks to start an attack for the Raiders

Regis Jesuit Hockey fans were stunned at the 2-2 tie against Cherry Creek on Dec. 9. With the effort from the Raiders, the fans in the stands were rewarded with a goal in the first period.  Easton Sparks ‘27 had multiple saves in crucial circumstances including a penalty shot save.

The Raiders were playing with confidence after the Goal from Vince Cieslak ’25. The Raiders were buzzing and were very confident after Parker Brinner ’25 scored in the 2nd period. Up two goals the Raiders started to play defensively when Creek’s Dominic Suchkov ’24 scored late in the second period as the clock expired, to make it a one-goal game. Coach Ott said, “Jake Crowell did exactly what he is supposed to do” That unlucky Deflection of Jake Crowell’s Shin to Creek player in the slot turned into an unfortunate goal.

In the third period, the Raider’s luck had run out with multiple penalties and even a penalty shot. The Raiders defense had held on with the a very strong penalty kill. Coach Ott said, “One penalty then another penalty, and then the penalty shot save which was huge.” The Raiders would commit a tripping penalty, which was delayed, and then another which turned into  penalty shot. The Bruins scored a Goal on the power play to tie the Game.

With the tie, Regis Jesuit went to 1-0-1 and sat 5th in the standings. The Raiders fought hard and the fans showed up to support their Raiders. Eston Sparks ’27 has been on fire lately with 82 saves in 5 games which is fifth in the state for Goalies. Coach Ott and the Regis Jesuit Hockey team have been working hard and are ready to make a championship push going into January. Come see your Raiders in action Vs. East High School on January 5th at family sports as they continue their run into the new year!