RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

The Road to Redemption for Regis Jesuit Boys Varsity Hockey

We spoke with Reece Peterson and Nolan Williams about this upcoming hockey season and what they need to do to improve.

It was a cold night on the ice as the Regis Jesuit Raiders set out to achieve total recognition as the 2022-2023 boys state champions. Tensions arose as the boys stepped into the Ice Ranch Stadium with the Valor Christian Eagles for the semifinal game. The winner of this game was to take on Ralston Valley or Denver East in the state championship. The chess match began between the Eagles and the Raiders, each team trading off shot after shot. Valor comes out with a bang and scores the first and only goal of the first period. The second period arrives, and the Raiders respond with two goals and gain the lead, but Valor retaliates in the last period with two more goals and secure the win for the Eagles. Upset and absolutely gutted the Raiders walk back to the locker room with a devotion to win back the championship that was rightfully theirs.

As the next boys hockey season emerges, the new and improved Raiders set out to regain their victorious road to redemption. With the hopes of winning state this year, the boys can’t wait to tear down every team that comes in their way. Junior and left-wing Nolan Williams says, “The boys are buzzing and were going to work back towards that success.”

As the rest of the team aims towards this success, the seniors are focused on leading these boys into a victorious season. Senior Reece Peterson says he aims towards “being a role model for the younger guys, building them up instead of breaking them down.” The team doesn’t seem to want to win finals, but to need to. They train hard and late in order to improve their skills and team work for the remainder of this season. Their record is currently 1-1-1 in league games and always believe there is room for improvement. Redemption is never given, but earned, and the Regis Jesuit boys varsity hockey team won’t rest until their triumphant season ends with another trophy in the case.