RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

A Tough Battle in a Huge Rivaly!

A deeper look at the close game between the Regis Jesuit Raiders and Valor Eagles

The Regis Jesuit Raiders played the Valor eagles on 12/12/23 in the Guy Gibbs gym. The night started electricity after Francis Sullivan sang an amazing national anthem. The game started off having Eric Fielder and Ryan Dixon tip off. Both sides chanting at each other after they miss a shot. Lucas Dickinson makes the first 3 for the Regis Raiders, then Robbie Manoogian started to Split the Red Sea. Everyone is going crazy. Valor took an early lead and then the Raiders came back in the first Quarter to lead 23-15. Everybody chanting “V down, V down”, and we kept the lead.

Valor and Regis going back and back and forth at each other. The duo of Cole Scherer and Eli Kim trying to even out the score. One after another Eli with a 3 then Cole with a crazy And-1. The half-ended Regis Jesuit 40 Valor 36. They went to their locker rooms, Regis pumped after having an amazing half, but they were not ready for what was about to happen. Regis comes out of the half scoring left and right Demarius Taylor with a 3 Alec Rumph with a ridiculous and 1.

Everything was going great for the Raiders until Valor wanted show them what they were really made of. Eli Kim hit back-to-back threes and Ryan Dixon gets two easy lays. On the other side of things Valor star Cole Scherer keeps on laying assists and getting steals. It comes to the final seconds of the third quarter and the score was 51-50 Regis, with 50 Seconds left and in the matter of those 50 seconds, it felt like all the momentum went to Valor.

Scoring 3 buckets, it felt like everything was going the wrong way for the Raiders. They didn’t give up and their fan base sure didn’t stop cheering, but in the end, the Raider’s ran out of gas. It wasn’t enough. Valor Wins the Rivalry this time 67-61.