RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Beyond the Scoreboard

Boys Basketball Trip to Arizona 2023

The Regis Jesuit boys’ basketball team took a trip to Arizona from December 6th to 9th. Besides playing games against Peoria High School, Valley Vista High School, and Notre Dame Preparatory School, they improved their team chemistry off the court as well.

They had team dinners and lunches, which helped them get closer and work better together during the games. At the hotel they relaxed by playing video games and sitting by the pool. They also took a break and went to the mall to hang out and build stronger friendships.

On the court, things went pretty well. In the first game, they won against Valley Vista (68-46). They pulled out another win versus Peoria High School (79-54). The next day, they faced some tough competition against Notre Dame Preparatory School and lost with a score of 63-88. It happens, but it’s a chance to get better and come together as a team. Jack Young ‘26 describes their last game as “a good learning lesson… we’re going to bounce back.”

Beyond the scores, the trip was about the team growing together. Wins or losses, they’re all part of the game and the road to a state title. It is still early in the season and the boys have a lot of tough teams ahead of them. The boys’ basketball team’s time in Arizona was more than just basketball. It was about becoming a stronger, more united team. Mason Marshall ‘25 describes the whole trip as “A good time. I got to hang out with my brothers.”