RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

RJHS Sophomore Boys Basketball Game Vs. Legend

The+team+stares+their+opponent+down.+
The team stares their opponent down.

RJ SOPHOMORES BEAT LEGEND 64-47

By: Jackson Krier 27 and Zander Eliason ’27

On Thursday, December 7th, in the Girls Division gym, the Regis Jesuit Sophomore boys basketball team beat Legend 64-47, behind 14 points from freshman Jonny Haubert. This Regis team came in undefeated at 2-0 and had big expectations to win this game. It was a very tight, competitive game through the first three quarters. Both teams came out playing hard on offense and defense, up until the fourth quarter, when Regis went on a big run to finish off the game with a 17-point lead. It was a full team effort, with almost every member of the team getting in the game and making an impact. There are only three freshmen that made the sophomore team this year, including Haubert, and all of them started and played big minutes down the stretch.

Jonny Haubert said, “I thought we were going a little too fast in the first half, but in the second half, we were more aggressive, and it paid off.” Once Regis settled in, they were in full control of this game. Haubert was just frustrated they didn’t play their best for the full contest. He thought, “[Legend] were a good team, props to them, they played hard, but I thought we were playing down to their level for too long. We should’ve put them away much earlier.” Regardless, they got the job done and moved to 3-0 on the season.

The Regis Jesuit Sophomore boys basketball team now looks ahead to their next game where they will play their first away game at Castleview High School. Haubert and the rest of the team will have learned their lessons from this game, and know to come out playing harder so they can be in control of the game from the start. This game against Legend was a good, solid win, but this team is looking to move on to bigger, better things.