RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Brice Newton Kicks off the Wrestling Season

We sat down with Brice and one of his coaches to get their insight on the team and see how Brice is a valuable piece. First, we talked with Brice and asked what he brought to the team, and he told us that he brings leadership and fun. When we asked him to expand on the idea that he brings fun and leadership he said that he thinks that he helps coach the younger guys. When he talked about fun, he said that he tries to make practice fun but efficient while getting the most out of it.

We also sat down with one of the coaches, Mr. Rios, we asked him the same question and he said that Brice brings the leadership to those freshmen on the team. When I attended a dual, I could tell that the whole team is super supportive of one another and always watch each other’s matches. The team meets every day after school to practice on Tuesday’s and Thursdays to do a plate workout which is not only a physical workout but also a mental workout. It is a mental workout in the sense that they need to push past the pain and keep working. They do these brutal workouts together so that they can become stronger and grow closer to one another. While in the practice room there is a lot of conversation amongst the team, and they are spreading words of encouragement to make each other better.