“Is hockey hard? I don’t know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner, and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh yeah, did I mention that this whole time we’re standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick? Is ice hockey hard? I don’t know, you tell me. Next question.” – Brendan Shanahan
- Sydney Crosby is one the most skilled hockey players to play the game. In this game Sid the Kid showcases this skill with a nice silky one handed backhander against the Buffalo Sabres back in 2017.
2. Alexander Ovechkin, aka Alexander The Great has dominated the last decade of professional hockey with his speed, shot, and un-heard of dangles. Ovi, does have silky mitts.
3. Connor McDavid, the next Wayne Gretzky, the new Sid the Kid, Edmonton’s golden boy, has owned the game since his first round pick draft in 2015 to the Oilers. His pure speed and silky mitts are what put Connor on another level and in the footsteps of being the next Great One.
4. Matt Duchene, a man who really lives up to his name. Duchy has been known around the league for having some pretty silky mitts, this dinger from 2011 against the Pittsburg Peguins gives a great sense of his silky mitts.
5. Phil Kessel. Phil the Thrill, an absolute legend in the game of hockey for his cheeseburgers, sodas, and un-orthodox shot makes him one of the best in the league.
By William Xavier Laws 21′, and Colton Ryder Timmons 21′