Wish Week 2023

David and his brother welcomed by the students

For the past three years the Regis Jesuit community has worked with the Make A Wish Foundation to bring a wish kid to Regis and to help make their wish come true. This year we were lucky enough to welcome David and his family to our community. 

Throughout the week, students and faculty dressed up as David’s favorite things. Monday was Dr. Suess Day, Tuesday was Mario Day, Wednesday was Soccer Day, Thursday was Blue Out, and the Final Day of Wish Week: Friday, was Minion Day. 

At the pep rally the community welcomed David and his family with excitement. There was soccer games, Mario kart races and rating hamburgers with Mario’s reviews. Everyone in the gym was so excited to celebrate David and his family. Smiles filled the gym as we played a variety of games that David enjoyed.

Students have been looking forward to dressing up and taking part in Wish Week for a long time and was definitely a highlight of the 2023 school year.

Excitement radiated through the halls on spirit days and in fun activities such as taping Mr.Alcorn to the wall, Trivia and the Wish Week bake sale. Students loved being able to help make a positive impact on the Wish Week Foundation.

“My favorite part of Wish Week was raising money for a good cause,” Freshman Olivia Filippini said.

At the pep rally, students divided into their difrent grade levels and had a competition who had the best cheers. As it was each grades turn, the gym erupted into a unified cheer from each grade level. David looked around with a smile on his face. Not supringily, David chose the senior class as the loudest grade.