RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Athletic Trainer at RJ (GD)

Alisson Hagerty

Athletic Trainers at RJ

Have you ever had a very serious injury while competing in a sport? Did you have someone there to support you and help walk you through whatever pain or hurt you might be dealing with?

Our trainers here at Regis Jesuit Highschool do just that. Alisson Hagerty, the girl’s division trainer, having a little over a year of experience, has already made an impact on all the women athletes who seek her guidance daily.

Alisson decided to become an athletic trainer after attending Northwest Missouri State and University of Nebraska Omaha, she knew that she “likes being able to work with athletes, likes being able to help people, it’s a job that allows me to do something different every day, it keeps me on my toes, and I enjoy the pace of it.”

Alisson’s daily routine consists of getting to school at 1 pm every day and staying at school until everything is done on campus for the night. Her set up is different everyday depending on who needs treatment and what events are happening on campus, but she usually starts setting up during 4th period so she will be ready for practices and games later that evening.

Although the focus of her job is for the health and wellness of athletes, she works just as well with the physical aspect of the girls as well as their mental aspects.

We get accounts of this from multiple sport varsity athlete, Jane Rumph, who explains how she, “has an ongoing back issue and Alisson just really helped me, giving me good exercises that strengthen all my muscles so that it loosens her back.” She then goes on to explain who Alisson helps her through more than just sports, “She’s also helped me emotionally, physically, mentally throughout all basketball season, all field hockey season, and soccer season and she’s really just a great person in general.”

Alisson has such an impact on all of the athletes that she works with and to not only here because she loves the work she does, but because she cares about the well-being of all the athletes she works with.