RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Final Wisdom of Women Speaker Series with Tracy LaTourette

Friday, April 26th, Lt. Col. Tracy LaTourette USAF (Ret), shared at the final Wisdom of Women speaker series about her Air Force journey. Tons of students and faculty gathered to listen to Colorado’s first female fighter pilot and one of the first women in the world to fly a fighter aircraft.   

The Wisdom of Women speaker series has been a wonderful opportunity for all members of the RJ community to gather and listen to very accomplished women share their inspiring stories. This has been a great way to express this year’s Wisdom of Women theme.  

Tracy talked about going from attending the Airforce Academy and not thinking she would ever fly, to being in the cockpit of an f-16. She also described her challenges and advice throughout her experience.   

“I didn’t think I was ever going to go into pilot training,” Tracy said. She never even expected to pass the qualifications, but when she did, she knew it was a sign from God.   

Training was filled with ups and downs for Tracy, but with her continuous perseverance and hard work, she was able to face and overcome many challenges thrown her way.   

Tracy explains that before she stepped away, she would “put on the armor of God.” She then felt sure that she would fly safely and confidently.  

“As long as you are aligning your objective with God and constantly checking in with him, you’re going to be just fine,” Tracy said.   

Tracy’s story, and all others in this series have been so inspiring to all of the Regis community, but especially the Girls Division students. The young women of Regis feel grateful to have such wonderful role models and strong women to look up to.   

Thank you to all the women who spoke during this series and a special thanks to Tracy LaTourette.