RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Girls Golf Finishes Their Season

A talk with assistant coach Craig Rogers and an overview of their season

Regis Jesuit Girls Golf closed out their season at Meadow Hills on April 30th. They placed 4th overall in the tournament with Audrey Whitmore ’25 securing a 3′ place finish with an individual score of 76. Natalie Furgason, ‘26 Paige Furgason, ‘25 and Molly Amann ‘27 all finished in the top 25 of the tournament.

Before the round we got the opportunity to catch up with assistant coach Craig Rodgers. He told us about the youth of this team and how he can’t wait to see what this girl’s team can turn into. Coach Rodgers also spoke on the upperclassman on the team and how they a great job helping the younger players develop.

He said That the main goal of this team is to become better and better each day they are on the course. he thinks this will lead to the team being able to be a top ten finisher in state in the coming years He told us that he believes this because the girls are very coachable and are willing to do the work to become better. He emphasized the girl’s spirit on the course and the desire to improve their games.

As we watched the girls play is was obvious to us how optimistic they stay while on the course. They do not appear to get down on themselves throughout the round while many others would.