RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Rocket Science Class Launches Rockets in Pueblo

The launch and the people behind it

On May 4th in Pueblo, the rocket science class at Regis Jesuit launched their rockets that they had been working on all year. After a hard worked 2 semesters, the students got to show their creations to the public. People watched in awe as the rockets shot up. Many wondered how high school students made such impressive, functional rockets. The launch was a huge success with many rockets taking flight. Many students shared what they had learned from their time in the class.

Senior Owen Weiss is a member of the rocket science class. When talking about what  he learned in the class, he said, “We learned a lot about rocket safety”.

The rocket launch showcased both the student’s self made rockets as well as their impressive class rocket. Their class rocket was around an impressive 7 feet tall. The rocket launch was a wonderful event for the students to display how hard they have worked all year.

The classes unique creations took flight. All of the launches went very smoothly, without technical problems. The mechanics and physics of a rocket that the students had to learn was evident with the rocket’s clean, impressive builds.

Senior Sef Musani spoke about the class. “We learned how to build and the science of rockets. We just finished two weeks of building our rockets. Before that, we did the physics of rockets. last semester, we learned about the stability of rockets.”

The rocket science class is not just a class, it is an experience filled with learning, fun, and excitement. The class sets students up for a much larger variety of possible career paths and knowledge about physics. Many students planning on being engineers or architects took this class and said that it was the perfect class for them. Overall, the rocket science class is a challenging but rewarding class with the end-of-year launch being the highlight of many student’s years.