Who’s Really The Best?

We were wondering if we were getting the most out of our education here at Regis Jesuit High School and decided to compare our school to the best high schools in Denver. We decided to compare our school to Kent Denver and DSST Stapleton to see who is really the best. The reason we choose these schools is because they are ranked high on many lists and one is a public school and the other a private school, and Regis as a Private Catholic school.This gives us a diverse look at the schools.

We found that Regis Jesuit offers 18 AP courses and have about 950 students attending and costs around $14,625 a year. Regis scored a school average 1810 points on the SAT out of the possible 2400, and also scored 29 points out of 36 points on the ACT. Plus Regis offers 4 world languages, Spanish, French, Latin, and Mandarin.

At Kent Denver we found that they offer 15 AP coursed and they have 672 students attending Kent. Kent Denver scored 2040 points on the SAT out of 2400 points and also scored 31 out of 36 points on the ACT. Yearly tuition cost costs around $23,040. Kent also offers the same 4 world languages too.

At DSST Stapleton we found that they offer and have 900 students attending DSST and they yearly cost is free. DSST did not have any information on how they scored on the SAT but they scored 27 out of 36 on the ACT. DSST only offers Spanish as a world language. There is no information on how many AP courses DSST offers.

In the end all three schools are very good. These schools all have different focuses and different backgrounds, but all do a very good job at educating students. If you were to look at the data from the SAT and ACT Kent Denver has the highest averages with DSST at the bottom. If you are looking for a smaller school DSST would be better than Kent or Regis but they only have Spanish as a world language, but they mostly focus on technology and the sciences. For AP courses Regis has the most at 18 but with Kent at a close second at 15. Tuition wise Kent has the highest yearly rate but also have very high test scores.

Looking at all of the data Regis held up pretty well. We offer a lower tuition than Kent but higher than DSST except they’re a public charter. We also have lower standardized test scores than Kent too. We offer the same languages as Kent but more than DSST, but we have a slightly larger student body.It’s hard to just compare schools by these single facts but we tried our hardest.