Non- Catholics at a Jesuit School

Student Levi Dombro describes his experience at Regis Jesuit High School even though he is not Catholic.

Student at Reigs Jesuit High School with picture of other religious symbol

“Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony.” Stevie Wonder’s most popular song relates to all students at Regis Jesuit High School. There are some Catholics and some kids with other religious beliefs, but still function as a community.

Freshman, Levi Dombro who’s not a very religious man says, “I choose a Catholic school not for the Catholicism aspect but more for a brotherhood and change of scenery” also stating, “the basketball program is also good.”

Students at Regis Jesuit don’t mind the non-Catholics students. They believe they are all the same and the brotherhood just makes them closer. Even though there are non-Catholics at the school, each person whether that be a teacher, student, or parent, is supportive of each other.

Levi went to a public school before entering Regis Jesuit.”Private school over public schools, there is not much of a difference. In Catholic schools, there is just more focus on God,” ” It’s kind of like other education I’ve been part of, but in theology I’ve definitely learned more about God.”

At Regis Jesuit, students have the option to eat or not eat the Eucharist. They are still welcome to receive a blessing. This equality through all makes everyone want to participate, even though one’s beliefs might be different.

Regis Jesuit is such a desired place to go to school because the acceptance rate for college is at 98% according to the Regis Jesuit High School hand book. Kids with or without similar religious beliefs still succeed in school.