RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Case Closed: 2023 Mock Trial B-Team

Taking a closer look at this years B team for the mock trial club

With there being 3 teams for the mock trial club, it’s easy for the B-Team to get lost in the middle. Despite having a great line up this year, they often get overlooked.

From the Loving arms of Coach V on C-Team to the harsh, truthful B-Team, these students learn a vast number of new skills. Led by Coach Bohn and Coach Hollis, this powerhouse team has made it to state almost every year since the club began beating out A team or the varsity equivalent at state a multitude of different times. Jacob Botaish ‘19 says “There have been years where B-Team has placed higher than A-team at state.”

In fact, last year’s season alone while at competition, B-Team placed 4th while A-team only placed 20th at state. Sadly, neither team was able to go to nationals, but B team was much closer than their “better” counterparts.

Meeting every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 5-7, the students put a lot of time and effort into this club. With a difficult case this year, B-Team members don’t only have their work cut out for them in meetings but also as extra homework they have to complete outside of meetings. B-Team members are some of the smartest kids when it comes to how they articulate themselves and tough in the way they fight for time in the spotlight. Junior Emma Ryan emphasizes “It’s going to get hard but, it’s the most rewarding thing when you actually see it play out.”

Constantly fighting and learning to become better, the Regis Jesuit B-Team for Mock Trial has and always will give A-team a run for their money. Peter Hunnewell ‘25 warns “Be prepared and make sure you read the case.” Make sure you don’t overlook this amazing team and be sure to join mock trial next year so you can be part of the legacy this club has engraved in Regis.