By: Fiona Deck ’20 and Delaney Howell ’20
The movie industry has been very successful this year so far. Many incredible films have shocked the nation and there are still many more to come. As of today, the box offices predict that movies will have made over 12 billion dollars in sales just this year. Last year there was over 10 billion dollars in sales from the movie industry. The movies listed down below have shown to be very popular here at Regis Jesuit and students have enjoyed keeping up with all of the new releases.
“I have seen many new movies this year so far and have been very impressed by them so far. I think my favorite has been A Quiet Place,” says Emma Fantz ’20.
- Avengers Infinity War– Starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, and Chris Hemsworth, this movie depicts Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, and the rest of the Avengers battling their most powerful enemy yet-the evil Thanos. Released April 27.
- Black Panther– Starring Chadwick Boseman, Micheal B. Jordan, and Lupita Nyong’o, this movie tells a story of T’Challa returning home to the African nation of Wakanda after the death of his father and is drawn into conflict as the Black Panther. Released February 16.
- A Quiet Place– Starring John Krasinski, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe, this movie tells the story of a family forced to live in silence hiding from creatures that hunt by sound. Released April 6.
- Love, Simon– Starring Nick Robinson, Katherine Langford, and Keiynan Lonsdale, this movie depicts Simon Spier who is trying to keep a huge secret from his family, friends, and all of his classmates and is left with the decision to reveal his true self. Released March 16.
- Isle of Dogs– Starring Scarlett Johansson, Edward Norton, and Bill Murray, this film portrays a boy’s odyssey in search of his lost dog in Japan. Released March 23.