RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Order In The Court!

We got an inside look on the Regis Jesuit Mock Trial A team.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be in a real-life courtroom and be a lawyer or a witness in a trial, have you ever wondered what goes onto a trial behind the scenes? If this seems like something that would be up your alley and you would want to be a lawyer as your full-time profession or just want to hang out and meet some new friends, then the Mock Trial Club is the place for you.

What exactly is Mock Trial though? Mock Trial is an act or imitation trial, it is a competition where students simulate a real trial. Mock trial simulates lower court trials. They create cross-examinations and direct examinations based on case trials created by the Colorado Mock Trial Organization. These trials can be based on criminal cases or can be based on civil cases.

Who exactly is involved in the Mock Trail Club though? The Mock Trail club consists of a variety of students across all grade levels and the members involved are split up into three teams that work with each other in preparation for their competition in February. When and where does the Mock Trial Club meet? The club meets every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7 pm in Girls Division room 103.

Why does this club meet? The club meets to prepare to compete against other local high schools on February 24, 2024, in the Arapahoe County Regional Mock Trail Event. How does this club work? There are 3 teams you can make, the A Team, the B team, or the C team. Each team is assigned the exact same case. They work from around September until February working on their case and preparing for their upcoming competition.