New Regis Jesuit Courses Include Knitting, 19th Century Medicine, Honda Studies

At RJHS, we are fortunate enough to have an abundant staff committed to securing an enjoyable and useful experience for its students.  The faculty promotes flexibility and advancement in its methods, and this year did so by adding several classes and opportunities to the mix.
This expansion into new territories was understandable, and even expected, in cases such as the new AP Computer Science class or the new AP Mandarin option.  However, some additions raised eyebrows among students and parents alike, such as a new ballroom dancing course, as well as Knitting, Amphibian Anatomy, 19th Century Medicine, and Honda Studies.
Course descriptions of the classes are clear, describing 19th Century Medicine as “An analysis of medical practices and their developments over the 1800’s, including descriptions and demonstrations,” and Honda Studies as “A profound overview of everything Honda, from history to engineering.”
The scheduling department noticed unexpected popularity among the courses.  “We are interested in expanding the horizons and pursuits of Regis Jesuit High School, hopefully embodying the ideal high school education for any sort of student,” explained administrator Kermitt Botts, “whether or not that entails offering the opportunity to knit and dance for a few hours, or instruction on blood-letting and leech application.  I never imagined that these possibilities would be in the interests of so many people.”
Sophomore Kurt Cormac ’18 detailed his excitement for the upcoming Amphibian Anatomy course, “I came to Regis expecting the average high school experience, and am very relieved to find that I can use the community to explore my personal interest of salamanders.”
Academics and scheduling officials have voiced their intentions to further expand education opportunities at Regis in the coming years.  A highly considered suggestion is the synthesis of two courses into an Honors Amphibian Knitting class.