Regis Jesuit Considers Classroom Options Amid Growing Student Body

For three consecutive years now, the incoming freshmen classes in both the boys and girls divisions have been increasing in number. The growth in the size of the student body has put a strain on the school, which is scrambling to find a place to learn for every class. Some classes are currently in mobile units by the stadium; there was also a reported sighting of a geometry class in the wrestling room.  The board of trustees called an emergency meeting last Tuesday to discuss the issue. “We currently don’t have the funds right now to construct another section of the school for classrooms. We’re going to have to rent something,” board member John Salisbury stated. The options they considered were renting out an auditorium at the Chinese theatre across the street, putting a tarp over the tennis courts, and having class in the principal’s office. “I’m pushing hard for renting out the Chinese theatre. It has the feel of a college lecture hall and the movie projector for Powerpoints will be awesome!” said Salisbury. The administration and board of trustees will be viewing Blinky Bill: The Movie at the Chinese theatre to test the location next Monday, and a decision will be made later that week.