RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

What’s the deal with Mission week?

All about mission week 2023
Sean Graber
The annual mission week bake sale.

Tradition is a staple of the Regis Jesuit community, and with that comes our yearly mission week. Once a year, a week in the first semester is dedicated to supporting a local charity, aiming to give back to our community and provide for the less fortunate.

This year, Servant Leadership raised money for Caruso Family Charities. Caruso Family helps Colorado families who are battling life-altering diseases. Throughout the week, students were able to donate and dress down to show support. The main highlights of this year’s mission week were a student-led bake sale, Christmas movies in the Steele Center, and Candy Grams to be sent out that Friday.

With this year’s mission week falling so close to winter break, the theme was Christmas. Throughout the week, students dressed up in different Christmas themes, getting into the holiday spirit through some festive attire. Themes included the likes of Hawaiian Christmas and the fan-favorite Pajama Day. This year, the student body raised over 12,000.

With that family across the front range are able to not worry about paying medical bills, rent and other expense when helping fight off terminal illnesses. For the less fortunate and those in need a simple school activity can bring change into the community and create long lasting positive impact.