RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

How Eric Fiedler Plans to Lead Regis Jesuit Basketball

“He’s a freshman” chants fill the Denver Coliseum as Eric Fiedler goes in for a dunk. It’s the fourth quarter, and the crowd is going wild as Regis looks to move on to the 6a championship. With Regis Jesuit one point down, Eric makes a big impact play to take Regis right into contention. Regis barely lost out but Eric’s impact remained. Last year, Fiedler was instrumental in taking Regis varsity basketball to the state semifinals, and he continues to be a massive impact player on the team.

Standing at almost 7 feet tall and now a sophomore, Eric continues to make plays in the paint. Head coach Ken Shaw says, “He’s certainly an inside presence for us because of his size and his skill set. He gives us something no one else can.” Eric makes big plays on both sides of the ball, with big stops on defense, to dunks on offense. Eric hopes to make an impact when he says, “I feel like I make an impact, just all around. Offense, defense, leadership, scoring; just helping the team win.”

Eric’s playing style isn’t just in the paint. He also has great shooting ability from the outside. Coach Shaw says, “He’s not just an inside shooter, he’s also a three-point threat.” Eric’s well-rounded skill set allows the team to play him in many ways, but he didn’t always have this skill set. Through hard work and dedication, Eric has been building his talents since he started playing basketball. He said his dad inspired him to play, and he hopes to follow in his dad’s footsteps and play in college. Eric has a well-rounded skill set that he and coach Shaw hope to grow upon in the coming years as Regis hopes to make a run even further this year and to win the state championship.