RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Student media, Regis Jesuit High School

RJ MEDIA NOW

Girls JV Soccer vs Chaparral

Regis Jesuit Junior Varsity girls soccer faced off against Chaparral at Regis Jesuit on April 25th. The score was tied 0-0 throughout the game with both defenses standing out, until late in the 2nd half when Charlotte Barfield scored two goals to lead the raiders to their 6th win of the season. The final score was 2-0 with the raiders defense really standing out in this match. “The win brought us closer together and gave us momentum for the rest of the season.” -Rylee Wells. This win gave the team momentum to finish up their season with a huge win over a very strong Mountain Vista program. This team has a great mix of leadership and talent. “I have come into my natural role of being a leader to the younger players.” Is what Gracie Middlekauff said when we asked her what her role was during her injury. This great season shows that the Regis Jesuit soccer program has a bright future ahead.

Ivy Hankins 26’ takes a shot on goal looking to take the lead for her team. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
27’ Charolette Barfield sprints after the ball looking to put it in the net. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
Regis lines up in front of the goal looking to score and extend their lead. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
#0 lines up looking to make a save for her team. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
Regis throws in the ball looking to keep possession. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
#3 makes a attempt to keep the ball in bounds, so the raiders can keep possession. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
The Raiders look to strike a goal to put the Wolverines away. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
#3 awaits the ball to be passed to her as she scans the field. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
The Raiders chase after a loose ball looking to drive it down the field. (Drew Andruszka 25’)
The Raiders line up for a corner kick looking to take the lead. (Drew Andruszka 25’)