Freshman Friday: Rachel Hilbert

Freshman Rachel Hilbert

The theater community at Regis Jesuit is nothing short of a family, a fact that freshman Rachel Hilbert has found to be true at her time at Regis.

Like many students, Hilbert initially chose to come to Regis because of her family legacy. She stated that her “older sister went here and really loved it.” But, as she has immersed herself in the Regis community this first semester, she has found that Regis can be a home for not only her family, but also a place where she can foster her own individual growth and interests.

Hilbert does this through theater, but she also accomplishes it through the little things like picking a favorite teacher (Ms. Lynch, by the way) or even just making lots of friends. These have all helped to turn a family legacy into a home.

Like many-a-student Hilbert says that her favorite part of Regis so far has been, “hanging out with friends.” And although Hilbert’s freshman year first semester path has followed the archetypal first semester, it’s important to recognize that while most students experience the same basic elements of a Regis education, they have a different meaning and a different level of importance to every student.

On a surface level, Hilbert has experienced many of the same things that her sister experienced all those years ago and so many freshmen experience every year, yet, the magic of the Regis education is that while these sisters (figuratively and literally) can grow together in their shared Regis experiences, they can also grow in their individuality through the Regis community.

This Blessed Sacrament alum and all the other freshmen preparing to take their finals this week are so much more than just another 9th grader, they are an individual and they a a story.

To read more of their stories check out past Freshman Friday’s –

Quinn Smith 

Katherine Lockridge

Abby Loveland 

Claire Fitzgerald 

Lauren Basilico

Michelle Valdez