Transfer Student Tyler Zhang

Tyler’s first year at Regis Jesuit on the golf team helps bring a state championship to Regis Jesuit. He finished 5th in the state championship and is very talented for having the ability to make such an impact during his first year with the team. “It was an unbelievable feeling. Having support around me definitely helped us win state.”

It usually takes a while for the players to mesh and start achieving big thing but that’s not the case for Zhang. “I’ve started playing golf since I was 8 but I’ve been on the golf course since a very young age” said Tyler.

Zhang previously attended Highlands Ranch High School and played varsity golf his freshman and sophomore year. Transferring to Regis was tough for Tyler but he knew he would enjoy the journey.

The community has affected Tyler in a positive way. “The community has brought me closer to God. It’s made me stronger spiritually and emotionally. I never thought the brotherhood would put an affect on me in this way.”

A big difference for Tyler is the separation of boys and girls but it wasn’t a major problem because he was able to feel a bond here and was easily welcomed to the community. “I can’t think of any similarities because Regis is such an unique school” said Tyler.

Although public schools don’t have a dress code Tyler wore outfits similar to the Regis Dress code so the dress code wasn’t a problem for him.”The school food at Regis is definitely better than Highlands Ranch” said Tyler.

At Regis Jesuit, students are not permitted to go off campus until they are seniors.”At first I wasn’t happy about not being able to go off campus but it has helped me stay on task and get my school work done.” The downside is not being able to get food off campus but the positive side of it is that students can get work done and stay on top of school work.

Tyler could definitely feel a major difference from the Regis Jesuit golf program compared to the Highlands Ranch Program.”At Regis the team is much closer and there is a closer bond between me and my teammates. We are very supportive of each other.” The coaches and players have helped Tyler become a better person through golf.

Besides playing golf Tyler also likes to hang out with friends and spend time out doors. Tyler’s favorite golfer is Adam Scott because, “he has one of the best swings, fun to watch, and he reminds me of myself” said Tyler. Tyler is currently being looked by colleges and is planning on playing golf in college.