Welcoming Alum Ms. McKenzie Weed

A lover of biology and ultimate frisbee

Ms. Weed enjoys her days at Regis Jesuit, teaching physical science and honors biology.

It may be Ms. Weed’s first year of teaching but it’s not her first year at Regis Jesuit. Ms. Weed spent all four years of high school at Regis Jesuit, where she fell in love with all the school had to offer. Ms. Weed is a physical science teacher as well as honors biology teacher in the girls division.

In middle school Ms. Weed knew she wanted to study biology and she continued to fall in love with the subject in high school. Her science teachers at Regis were one of the biggest factors of her love for biology, as they interested her in everything science had to offer. Her biology teacher especially got her interested in the genetics side of biology, therefore, Ms. Weed decided to pick a major in college that would emphasize genetics as well as cells.

Ms. Weed isn’t your average science teacher, outside of school she participates in Ultimate frisbee. One day at CU, she went to go watch her friend’s ultimate frisbee practice, and couldn’t believe people actually played the sport and ended up calling the sport a “joke”.

However, the more practices she watched the more she was taught how to play. She found out there was an all girls team at CU that required no experience, so she went to the informational meeting and never turned back. In college, her team went on to win fifth place at nationals and she has been in love with sport ever since and all the great opportunities that come along with playing it.

Ms. Weed was drawn back to her high school, due to the wonderful community that embodies Regis Jesuit. She says “I love my time here and I love the community.” She believes in the power of a Jesuit education and the amazing opportunities that come along with it. She loved the teachers she had during her four years and all that they had taught her. Therefore, she said “I wanted to come and give back the same support to the students here”.

If Ms. Weed could do anything in the world, rather than teach, she would teleport. “I would want to be able to do an insta space travel where I could just pop to mars and back, at an extremely low risk”. She would also use teleporting to pop anywhere in the universe, therefore she could have instant vacations.