Tim Lynott One on One

Tim and CU

He’s a an outstanding football player and a phenomenal student, but also is a outgoing person. Tim Lynott is a former student athlete at Regis Jesuit, now he is a student and Offensive tackle for the University of Colorado Buffaloes.

RJ Media reporter Kiahn Martinez had the chance to interview Tim Lynott about his first year at CU.

Q: Kiahn Martinez
Take me through a day of being a student athlete at CU?
A: Tim Lynott:
” My day is always varied. Lifts in the morning and practice, and then lunch. Then class and then we’re done. During fall camp that was the hardest part of football so far. You have to wake up early in the morning and have practice in the morning. Then it’s all sorts of stuff like meetings and it usually is from 7 am to 9 pm. There were also two a days and it is very intensive here and it’s a really big adjustment from high school.”
Q: Kiahn
What is the worst part about being a student athlete at CU?
A: Tim
” Theres not too many worst parts, when you look at it its a very good thing it’s awesome, but at the same time it’s very time consuming, but otherwise it’s a great experience it’s just very time consuming and you have to manage your time pretty well. Wether it be with class or sports or just getting homework done. That’s probably the hardest part, I don’t hate it but it’s probably the hardest part of being a student athlete.”
Q: Kiahn
What is your favorite part about being a student part at CU?
A: Tim
” There’s a lot of favorite parts. There’s things from team bonding, just the experience of playing college ball, just being able to play another 4 years of the sport you love. I know there’s a lot of people that wish they can go back and play some more, and it’s one of those great experiences where being a student athlete is very benefital to you and having that great experience to play 4 years in college.”
Q: Kiahn
What is your relationship like with Coach McPhee?
A: Tim
” We had a very close relationship. He was basically like a second father to me honestly. He then pushed me to be a great student and a great all around person and a great player on the offensive line. A lot of things that he did made to be where I am today. He gave me all the trust he had in me and we just have a really close relationship.”
Q; Kiahn
Why CU? Did you have any other college offers?
A: Tim
” Yeah I actually had 14 other D1 offers. I had UCLA, OREGAN, ASU, MIAMI, OREGAN STATE, there’s a lot of other places that offered but CU is the where I felt more at home. It’s nice being an hour away from home and having your family coming to games. Coming up here I know that the program is turning around where that is one of the big factors for me and the coaches were awesome. When I came for my visit the facilities are amazing there’s just so many things up here that are turning around. I want to be apart of the special experience up here. When you pick a college it’s just a feeling you have when you go there and I didn’t have anywhere else but here.”
Q: Kiahn
Do you have any advice for young student athletes?
A: Tim
” Just work hard and always bust your tail. Make sure that your doing 100% in your job and your competing and make sure your maximizing the way you play and listen to your coaches and learn from what they have to tell you because they know their stuff. I know that from experience with Coach McPhee learning what he taught me definitely benefited me in the long run. Just compete out there and give everything 100%.”
Q: Kiahn
How were your times at Regis. Did you like it?
A: Tim
” I loved it, I love Regis. You know like when you and it’s senior year and you tell your self I don’t want to be here anymore and I’m just sick of this place at this point, but I look back at it now and I really miss it I miss football and the traditions we had up there. Just all the coaches and teachers, it was obviously a great experience for me and I just look back on it and I wish I can re live my high school years I really do. It was just a awesome time up there.”
Tim Lynott is a great person and has a great personality. He enjoys life and is going to be doing some great things in the years to come.